Easter Beauty Guide: 5 Homemade Chocolate Beauty Treatments You Must Try!
Easter has just passed but how about extending our love for chocolate onto our skin! We are sure you have already enjoyed some lip-smacking chocolate desserts and eggs for the celebration.
If you have been worrying about piling on a few kilos, here is a catch: you can indulge in as much chocolate as you want without putting on any extra weight. All you need to do is treat it as a natural beauty benefactor. Given below is how you can do that!
Chocolate: The Beauty Powerhouse!
Chocolate is much more than just a sweet treat. It is a super food, which is potent enough to bestow a bundle of goodness on our health and beauty. Using it as a body wrap or a facial mask can help you flaunt a flawless and radiant skin tone. Also, it suits every skin type; so more brownie points to chocolate for being used as a beauty ingredient.
- Rich in Antioxidants: Chocolate contains a good amount of antioxidants, which nourishes and smoothes out the skin. It improves the texture of the skin, providing it with an optimum amount of moisture. Also, flavanols that are found in dark chocolate help in protecting the skin from sun damage.
- Boosts Collagen Production: Chocolate acts as a collagen booster. It also has various anti-ageing properties. It also removes the blemishes and helps in reducing dark spots. Chocolate is a natural cleanser that helps in warding off dead cells from the skin as well.
- Topical and Consumption Use: Whether you consume a bar of dark chocolate or apply a bowl full of melted chocolate on your face, it will bring equal amounts of good to you. We would suggest you to go for the latter one in order to keep the extra kilos at bay!
Now that you are aware about the beauty benefits of chocolate, given below are some DIY beauty recipes that you can try!
Easter Chocolate Skin Care Regime: Decoded!
- The Perfect Chocolate Scrub: If you have been looking for a chocolate scrub, you should try this one! For normal skin types, mix some olive oil, vanilla essence, brown sugar and cocoa powder together. You will receive a thick and consistent paste. Moisten your face and use it to scrub away the dead skin.
If you have an oily to combination skin type, add some sea salt and milk to this mix. Scrub it as usual and leave it for 10 minutes before washing off.
For women who have an extremely dry skin, add some oatmeal and you will be able to get a soft, supple skin within a few minutes.
- Massage it Out the Chocó Way: Once you have removed all the skin impurities with your homemade chocolate scrub, move on to making a chocolate massage paste. For this, you can use a combination of various ingredients. Heat some cocoa (70-90%) until it turns molten. Add some sweet almond or olive oil to this. Use this as a massage cream to complete your chocolate facial regimen.
- The Chocolicious Face Mask: You can create your own homemade chocolate facemask with a few simple ingredients. Take some cocoa powder, honey, oatmeal and full-milk cream together. Mix these well. Apply the paste on your face and neck. Wash it with lukewarm water after 20 minutes of application.
If you have an oily skin, you can replace oatmeal with a spoonful of gram powder.
Follow this three-step homemade facial guide this Easter and you will be able to strike a glowing, youthful skin at the parties instantly!
Luv Scentrelle xo