"Bride: A woman with a fine prospect of happiness behind her. -Ambrose Bierce"
Could not have been a better way to define a bride! Weddings are beautiful. They bring happiness to the lives of a couple and to those who are closely associated with them; most importantly to a bride-to-be’s life. It marks the beginning to a companionship and joy that will last a lifetime. Consequently, preparing for the wedding day is often seen as a quest in itself. And why not? The day you step into a brand new life; it is bound to be special and memorable.
Every girl wants things to go well; the venue should be fancy, the arrangements should be wonderful, the wedding dress has to be stupendous and she must look picture-perfect – that is all a girl wants. And so, 6 months prior to the wedding is an exciting yet overwhelming time for the bride-to-be. The pre-wedding jitters can take a toll on how she looks on the D-day. Here is how you can stay away from all the heebie-jeebies and strike a flawless appearance while walking down the aisle. We have a complete The Bridal Beauty Countdown Series coming up for you! Make sure you keep watching this space and here is your first one!
Engage! 6 Months Until the D-Day: Getting Started
- Hit the Gym: Ditch that beanbag and move. If you want your wedding dress to fit perfectly, make sure you hit the gym without much ado. Follow a workout regime and be honest with it. You can even hire a personal trainer if need be!
- Clean Out Your Diet: This is an important step that you must follow. In order to flaunt a flawless skin and look beautiful, it is necessary that you watch what you eat. Completely cut down the intake of junk, oily and spicy food. Include more organic and raw food in your diet. Also, do not forget to gulp down atleast 6 to 7 glasses of water each day. Make this your routine and you will be amazed how radiant and beautiful you will look 6 months down the line.
- Know Your Skin Type and Work on It: Before you start up a skincare regime, make sure you know your skin type. You can turn to ayurveda as well. Many girls are taking aid from this ancient medicinal system to prep their skin for the D-day. According to Ayurveda, the skin types are classified into three: Kapha, Pitta and Vata. Figure out which one you have and opt for a regime that suits you the best. Do not miss out Scentrelle here! You can pick our Body Dew Oil for Sensitive, Oily and Dry Skin. Also, try out new facials and fruit peels to know which one you should opt. Find out your dosha/skin type here.
- Do not Forget Manicures, Pedicures & Spas: Your body needs to relax and so, schedule regular spa sessions. Also, keep your hands and feet happy by getting manicures and pedicures on time.
- Hire a Makeup Artist & Hairstylist: Never go late on this one! Take Trial sessions from a couple of stylists and then pick the best one of all. Make sure you book them 6 months in advance, in order to avoid any last minute fiasco.
- Laser Treatments: If you plan to get a laser hair removal treatment, now is the right time. Always go for such treatments 6 months in advance so that you have enough time to see how your skin responds to the therapy.
- De-Stress: Stay calm and look beautiful, that is the one mantra, which you will need to walk on every day for these 6 months. The only way you will be able to look beautiful and make your man go weak in the knees is by staying calm and keeping stress at bay. Go for some meditation sessions, do yoga and anything that it takes you to keep your head cool. Stress can ruin your skin by giving you last minute breakouts and nasty scars.
We know you will end up thanking us a million times as you are going to look drop-dead gorgeous on your D-day by following this infallible 7-step bridal beauty guide. What are you waiting for? Get started today, while we will be back with another bundle of tips from our Bridal Countdown Series.